participants-research - Re: IdP discovery - list 'em all?

Subject: InC Research Participants

Re: IdP discovery - list 'em all?

  • From: "Basney, Jim" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: IdP discovery - list 'em all?
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2016 16:57:38 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:ISGkPxLnzZjrSN7RJtmcpTZWNBhigK39O0sv0rFitYgUK/rxwZ3uMQTl6Ol3ixeRBMOAtKIC1rGd6v2ocFdDyKjCmUhKSIZLWR4BhJdetC0bK+nBN3fGKuX3ZTcxBsVIWQwt1Xi6NU9IBJS2PAWK8TXhpQIVT1/nPBBpJ+/0AofUk9/yze2p9pTJaAVghTy2ZrZ3KxPwqh/e/IFCmYJ4Nqc6ywPApGdTPv5b3m5hP1mTtxf67cC1+ZlltSNKtKRy2dRHVPCwVa0jS7FJSHwEMmV/rJnpvxDYSwaeznoYVmQQlRtTRQXJ8UepDd/KriLmu78li2GhNsrsQOVsVA==

The following exchange I just had with an InCommon IdP operator may be of
interest to other InCommon R&S SPs:

IdPO: We don't have a business case for CILogon. Please remove our IdP from
your list.
CILogon: Please set the hide-from-discovery attribute for your IdP to remove
yourself from the list.
IdPO: The hide-from-discovery attribute will break things for the SPs we care
about.
CILogon: OK, we've manually blacklisted your IdP.

Just one data point so far, but it adds a new wrinkle for our "list 'em all"
approach.

-Jim