participants-research - Re: IdP discovery - list 'em all?

Subject: InC Research Participants

Re: IdP discovery - list 'em all?

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: Paul Caskey <>, Scott Koranda <>, Tom Barton <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: IdP discovery - list 'em all?
  • Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 20:21:17 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:Mg5OHBAHkjnzKgpRuF1rUyQJP3N1i/DPJgcQr6AfoPdwSP79rsbcNUDSrc9gkEXOFd2Crakb26yL6Ou5BCQp2tWojjMrSNR0TRgLiMEbzUQLIfWuLgnFFsPsdDEwB89YVVVorDmROElRH9viNRWJ+iXhpRZbIBj0NBJ0K+LpAcaSyp3vj6Hhs6HUNj1BmT71SrppLxin5VHJvcANgoZzAqc31hbTpHZUIaJbyX4+YRqolBHg+o+T+4Rq9ShZ86Y69MlaWKP2dow3SLVZCHItNGVjoIXXshyLZwKV+nwaGjEKmBNSHw/DxAzxXpb6uyT98OdxxX/JE9fxSOV+cj2k86BxDFfTgyAbK3RxpGrejNB3luQBiBW6ulpyz5OCM9LdD+Z3Yq6IJYBSfmFGRMsEEnUZWo4=

On 9/1/16, 4:14 PM,
"
on behalf of Paul Caskey"
<
on behalf of

wrote:

> The new/emerging baselines practices, in its current draft, will require
> metadata
> accuracy, including contact addresses.
>
> Now let the dialogue resume on what to do in cases on continued
> non-compliance... :)

Yep.

Just to inject the historical context since people asked, where this all went
was:

- I suggested standardizing on admin contact as the "attributes aren't coming
across" contact point.
- Everybody had already gone all over the place using every contact type for
different things, and nobody felt it was practical to revisit it.
- I suggested using errorURL instead of an email address so people could host
their own pages for how their users should be handled.
- Nobody populates errorURL or the links go bad, etc.
- Scott stops tilting at the windmill.

-- Scott