interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] Kicking off Phase 2 of Interfed

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] Kicking off Phase 2 of Interfed

  • From: John Krienke <>
  • To: <>
  • Cc: Scott Koranda <>
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] Kicking off Phase 2 of Interfed
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 13:33:36 -0400

On 9/25/13 12:39 PM, Scott Koranda wrote:
I am asking for InCommon to affirm that working relationship
and continue to leverage, in particular, Ian by pursuing a
formal bilateral interfederation agreement with the UK, until
such time that InCommon participates in eduGAIN completely.

Many of us on this email thread were also engaged in the original recommendations, now expressed on this wiki page (thank you, Jim) <https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/EIQIAg>, which is derivative of the June recommendations of this interfed subcommittee, published here <https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/Dw9OAg>.

Both of the wiki documents, differently numbered, achieved consensus and support the parallel activities of working with edugain and a partnership with the UK federation. Our goal is not only to share metadata but to share /trusted/ metadata and to understand what that needs to mean. Harmonizing trust is why, at this early stage, I think we all agreed to pursuing both in our community's best interests, even though it means two streams of work.

john.