interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] Kicking off Phase 2 of Interfed

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] Kicking off Phase 2 of Interfed

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] Kicking off Phase 2 of Interfed
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 16:13:51 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 9/25/13 12:04 PM, "Scott Koranda"

>Yes, but because of the more nimble and flexible working
>relationship we were able to make progress at a faster rate then I expect
>to be able to make with eduGAIN en masse.

I'm on the outside of this, but am struggling to understand why the source
of metadata relates to how effectively attribute release might be
accomplished.

In other words, I find myself agreeing with Tom that if (and it's a big
if) we were able to get the edugain entities exposed in our metadata here
faster than we could do so with the Ukf directly, why wouldn't that be the
logical way to go?

I guess I need help understanding the specific "progress" that needs to be
made. My assumption is that metadata exposure is a necessary but
insufficient step, and so in service of that, the best course is to get
that exposure in the most expedient way we can.

Is that a fair statement?

Then at least the discussion comes down to which way is most expedient.

-- ScottC