interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] UKf and eduGAIN

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] UKf and eduGAIN

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: Interfederation TAC Subgroup <>
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] UKf and eduGAIN
  • Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:35:17 -0400

This is very helpful, Ian. I have one immediate question (and perhaps
more later).

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Ian Young

> eduGAIN, today, republishes the whole of the UKf's export aggregate (17
> entities as I write this). We import the eduGAIN aggregate, filter and
> transform it a bit to get rid of some things we don't like (I have 20
> outstanding tickets in my personal Bugzilla, which equates to a little over
> 10% of the eduGAIN metadata we're discarding at present). The eduGAIN
> entity metadata that passes scrutiny is currently passed through to our
> test aggregate, which is to say just to willing volunteers. Full
> production, which we haven't yet set a date for but will certainly be
> before the end of the year, will see that metadata being republished in our
> production aggregate.

So in the end, every entity in the UKf will consume the same (very
large) metadata aggregate (with entity descriptors from arbitrary
federations) regardless of whether or not they wish to interfederate?
Even non-Shibboleth deployments (which are already metadata-deprived)?