assurance - RE: [Assurance] Assurance Biz Case: Update on DoEd

Subject: Assurance

RE: [Assurance] Assurance Biz Case: Update on DoEd

  • From: "Jones, Mark B" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Assurance] Assurance Biz Case: Update on DoEd
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:04:58 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Not sure how it defeats the purpose. My thought was that if the objection
was dealing with a for profit corporation then a non-profit that is in the
IaaS business might need to be encouraged. So my suggestion would be that
InCommon (or some other non-profit entity) could establish direct
relationships with people and provide life time credentials just like Google.

I think you are correct about "barriers to entry". But I think those
barriers are needed to ensure interoperability and trust.