assurance - Re: [Assurance] Assurance Biz Case: Update on DoEd

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] Assurance Biz Case: Update on DoEd

  • From: Ann West <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] Assurance Biz Case: Update on DoEd
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 16:47:34 -0400 (EDT)

Nick is correct. The Commmon Identity and Trust (CommIT) Collaborative
project is working to provide a silver-level IdP for individuals applying to
college. It is very likely that this IdP will be a short-term transition
until the time when K12, for instance, has similar credentials. InCommon is
also working with the regional network providers to determine ways to include
K12 under the InCommon umbrella.

Also being advanced by CommIT is the notion of a Digital Notary service to
address distributed identity proofing for Silver and beyond.

Ann