assurance - Re: [Assurance] Assurance Biz Case: Update on DoEd

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] Assurance Biz Case: Update on DoEd

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] Assurance Biz Case: Update on DoEd
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 18:58:45 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 10/31/12 2:50 PM, "Farmer, Jacob"

>I don't intend to say that it needs to come from a corporation. In this
>regard, I'm data source agnostic -- commercial entity, another
>non-profit, etc.

That may be, but the actual notion you're suggesting isn't. There are no
practical "existing identities" of the sort you're talking about that
aren't corporate, at least in the US, and as I just noted, this is LOA 2,
not something you get from any old web site.

That may change if K-12 or state level approaches emerge as an identity
source, at least for students.

-- Scott