assurance - Re: [Assurance] Assurance Biz Case: Update on DoEd

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] Assurance Biz Case: Update on DoEd

  • From: Ann West <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] Assurance Biz Case: Update on DoEd
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 14:56:33 -0400 (EDT)

Jacob,

DoEd Federal Student Aid (FSA) offers a number of services, as you know, and
each one maintains it's own credentials. They're trying to consolidate their
portfolio architecture to achieve the following goals as presented by Mike
Fillinich at PESC this morning:

o        Reduce sign-on
o        Increase useage of two-factor
o        Move away from hard-token to soft-token
o        Improve identity proofing
o        Deploy Self Service and usage of profiles
o        Conform to Federal identity management initiatives

On our pilot call last week, Richard Gordon (FSA CIO) was not specific about
which service they might pilot next year. As you know, the big rub for
students is supporting the 20 years of loan pay-back and how to enable that.
On our future calls, we'll be discussing these plans further so stay tuned.

Ann