assurance - Re: [Assurance] Bronze/Silver/other Account Populations?

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] Bronze/Silver/other Account Populations?

  • From: Gary Chapman <>
  • To:
  • Cc: Russell J Yount <>
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] Bronze/Silver/other Account Populations?
  • Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 22:38:13 -0400

NYU plans to make enhancements, e.g. relating to password reset handling, so that eventually we'll be
able to to make Bronze LoA assertions for all members of the community... this will take effect for
any given person (a) after we've made our planned changes, and (b) after the person resets his/her
password.  Since we have an annual password reset requirement, it will take a year for everybody
to be at the Bronze level.

Silver, we're still determining what additional controls we would need to introduce to meet Silver standards.
A gradual application e.g. of a registration process, would be highly likely for us.

- Gary Chapman
  New York University