assurance - RE: [Assurance] Bronze/Silver/other Account Populations?

Subject: Assurance

RE: [Assurance] Bronze/Silver/other Account Populations?

  • From: "Jones, Mark B" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Assurance] Bronze/Silver/other Account Populations?
  • Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:16:21 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

Why not students, alum, or guests?

From: [mailto:] On Behalf Of Chamberlin, Dedra
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 12:42 AM
To: <>

UC Berkeley will attempt (at some point) to certify for all employees (not students, alum, or guests).  This is part of a plan within the UC Trust federation to use InCommon Silver to replace the current audit/certification requirement for "UC Trust" basic assurance, which is intended to cover all staff (people who might log in to centrally hosted services that contain retirement information).

We are working now on how to manage our enterprise passphrases to meet Silver entropy requirements, among other shoring up efforts for Silver compliance.

- Dedra

Dedra Chamberlin, Deputy Director

Identity and Access Management

UCSF and UC Berkeley