interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file

  • From: Steven Carmody <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:33:18 -0500

On 2/22/13 6:45 AM, Scott Koranda wrote:

Is the next step for me to configure my SP to ingest this
feed?

yes, I think so.

Or, since you have done the hard work, should I take what you
have done and with your help transfer it to somewhere a bit
more permanent on a LIGO server?

That is, should I try to do an installation of the Shibboleth
Metadata Aggregator on a LIGO server with your help and create
the same aggregate?

If your sandbox is somewhat stable I am happy to use it for
now but if you prefer I can get this transferred to something
that LIGO will look after as "production" until such time that
InCommon can host this service on behalf of the federation.

altho my machine is named "stc-testX", I control it, and think it will be a stable environment. It can stay where it is for now.

Would you like me to set up a cron job, to run the metadata aggregator daily ?

That said, I'd like to use the existence of this pilot instance (and its non-production status) as an incentive for us to start a conversation about what would be required to move this functionality to IC .....