interfed - [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file

Subject: Interfederation

[inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file

  • From: Steven Carmody <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 12:59:29 -0500

Ian took a look at the file I was producing, and saw immediately that it is in fact an aggregate of the IC file and the UK export file. My bad. In my defense, it turns out the UK export file only contains 16 EntityDescriptor elements, so they're hard to find. My file currently contains ALL of IC plus the UK export; its available at:

http://stc-test4.cis.brown.edu/mda-output/interfed-test-unsigned.xml

Scott K -- can you take a look, and see if your proposed partners are in that file ? There are some Cardiff entries.

One of the next questions, tho, is which IC entries do we want to include ? Stated another way, if IC made available an export file, and this mechanism used the IC and UK export files as input, what would IC include in its export file ?

Ahhh.... policy already. ;-)