interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file
  • Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:23:55 +0000

On 22 Feb 2013, at 11:45, Scott Koranda

> In your file I see
>
> <EntityDescriptor xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:metadata"
> ID="uk001170"
> entityID="https://idp-preprod.cardiff.ac.uk/idp/shibboleth";>

My understanding is that is indeed the IdP Rhys intends we use for this.
They have another one, but it's his experimental one and isn't always
available. So this is the one you need to add discovery for.

> Is the next step for me to configure my SP to ingest this
> feed?

Perhaps. One word of warning would be that Steven's current setup runs my UK
federation checks on the InCommon feed, with the result that some entities
are being excluded. In most cases that's for things like non-https endpoints
(and you probably don't want those anyway) but I seem to recall a couple
where the infraction is something you probably don't care about, like a space
character in and endpoint location or in the discovery name.

If you were going to use this to replace your InCommon feed as well as adding
the UK entities, you and Steven should probably talk through whether that
matters, and if so which checks you want to pull out.

-- Ian