interfed - RE: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file

Subject: Interfederation

RE: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file
  • Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 18:06:22 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

> One of the next questions, tho, is which IC entries do we want to
> include ? Stated another way, if IC made available an export file, and
> this mechanism used the IC and UK export files as input, what would IC
> include in its export file ?
>
> Ahhh.... policy already. ;-)

Depends on use cases I guess, but one might include the R&S supporting IdPs
and SPs I guess.

I confess to not really grasping the point of limiting who's included. To me
it's about labeling the metadata registration and validation regime, and then
letting people import and filter as they choose. We know opt-in is basically
not a viable model for adoption of anything.

-- Scott