per-entity - Re: [Per-Entity] implementing a cache on the client

Subject: Per-Entity Metadata Working Group

Re: [Per-Entity] implementing a cache on the client

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: Scott Koranda <>
  • Cc: Tom Scavo <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Per-Entity] implementing a cache on the client
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 19:15:47 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 7/27/16, 3:10 PM, "Scott Koranda"

> I don't think asking the endpoint software to do more
> necessarily leads to endpoints hosting the metdata.

What I meant is that I think if we reach a point where making this work even
passably well is going to clearly, clearly be Shibboleth-only, even in the
most rudimentary fashion, we need to step back and think about whether a
different approach might not be. I think we owe it to everybody to do that.

If nothing we do will change that, then ok, I'll bring the hammer and just
speak for what we're willing to support, but I didn't want to pre-judge that.

-- Scott