md-distro - Re: [md-distro] thoughts regarding an Ops work plan

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

Re: [md-distro] thoughts regarding an Ops work plan

  • From: John Krienke <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: [md-distro] thoughts regarding an Ops work plan
  • Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 11:59:46 -0400

On 10/3/13 11:29 AM, Tom Scavo wrote:
3. Include eduGAIN metadata in the InCommon metadata aggregate

I would change the article from "the" to "an" InCommon metadata aggregate, at least in the near term. I remain of the position that entities in one metadata aggregate have a defined common definition and compliance of trust; and therefore, trust is affected when diverse aggregates are combined. I see good reasons to offer a ("a") combo MDA. I'm skeptical that we will only want 1 single ("the") MDA.

john.