md-distro - Re: [md-distro] thoughts regarding an Ops work plan

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

Re: [md-distro] thoughts regarding an Ops work plan

  • From: Steve Thorpe <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [md-distro] thoughts regarding an Ops work plan
  • Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 13:51:38 -0400

+1

I support having an InCommon-only MD *and* and an InCommon+eduGAIN MD aggregate.

Steve

On 10/3/13 11:59 AM, John Krienke wrote:
On 10/3/13 11:29 AM, Tom Scavo wrote:
3. Include eduGAIN metadata in the InCommon metadata aggregate

I would change the article from "the" to "an" InCommon metadata
aggregate, at least in the near term. I remain of the position that
entities in one metadata aggregate have a defined common definition and
compliance of trust; and therefore, trust is affected when diverse
aggregates are combined. I see good reasons to offer a ("a") combo MDA.
I'm skeptical that we will only want 1 single ("the") MDA.

john.

--
Steve Thorpe
Systems Programmer/Analyst, MCNC

Office: 919-248-1161
Mobile: 919-724-9654
Skype/AIM: thorpe682

Connecting North Carolina's Future Today