interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] June 4 agenda / May 28 notes

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] June 4 agenda / May 28 notes

  • From: Steven Carmody <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] June 4 agenda / May 28 notes
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 11:22:31 -0400

On 6/8/13 12:31 PM, Tom Scavo wrote:

Put another way, I would much prefer that eduGAIN pulled our metadata
into their aggregate than the other way 'round. That should be our
short-term goal.

IMHO that's the real value of edugain. The LIGO SPs would appear in the edugain aggregate, and (hopefully) IDPs around the world would now be using metadata that included the LIGO SPs. And, of course, the inverse is also true -- the Brown IDP would now be trusted by SPs operated by VOs based in the EU.

I seem to remember that John's been asking "where's the value?". IMHO the previous paragraph describes it .....