assurance - RE: [Assurance] RE: [confluence] InC-Assurance > Remote-Proofing Approaches

Subject: Assurance

RE: [Assurance] RE: [confluence] InC-Assurance > Remote-Proofing Approaches

  • From: "Jones, Mark B" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: RE: [Assurance] RE: [confluence] InC-Assurance > Remote-Proofing Approaches
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 13:29:48 -0500
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US

This all seems like an exercise in semantics to me. Google and InCommon have
been approved by ICAM. ICAM uses 800-63 as one standard that is used to
measure compliance. This suggests that ICAM is of the opinion that Google
and InCommon are substantially compliant with 800-63 or they would not be
approved.

I have yet to notice or be presented with a significant difference between
the IAP and 800-63 yet there is enthusiastic effort to maintain that they are
not the same. I feel like I am trying to argue that my car is maroon while
everyone else insists that it is dark red. Why is there such resistance to
being associated with 800-63?