assurance - Re: [Assurance] RE: [confluence] InC-Assurance > Remote-Proofing Approaches

Subject: Assurance

Re: [Assurance] RE: [confluence] InC-Assurance > Remote-Proofing Approaches

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Assurance] RE: [confluence] InC-Assurance > Remote-Proofing Approaches
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 14:50:59 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 8/10/12 10:10 AM, "William G. Thompson, Jr."

>This is somewhat of a (related?) problem for Unicon as well. Unicon is
>both an InC Affiliate and Participant. Unicon's IdP is sufficient to
>login to Internet2 wiki via InC metadata, but not much else. Given we
>most often work with HE, we are constantly
> exercising various systems/forms/procedures for guest access. If only
>there was some federated authentication technology we could use... :)

There's virtually nothing out there that would require you to meet any
assurance level at all to be used as an IdP in InCommon, as this is all
very much future work. So I'm not sure what it is you can't leverage that
IdP for that, say, OSU could.

As an example, I just checked and the wiki I operate certainly accepts it.
Not that you'd care, but my point is that if an SP isn't accepting your
assertions, that's the SP's decision.

-- Scott