us-federations - Re: [USFeds] suggestion on inter-federational SSO?

Subject: US Federations Discussion

Re: [USFeds] suggestion on inter-federational SSO?

  • From: Ann West <>
  • To: Ying Ma <>
  • Cc: , Tom Scavo <>
  • Subject: Re: [USFeds] suggestion on inter-federational SSO?
  • Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 12:56:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Ying,

We don't have an interfed working group per se, but are actively involved in
interfed from the Internet2 Middleware Initiative in addition to InCommon.
MACE-Dir, for example, provides the care and feeding of eduPerson, which is
now used internationaly.

InCommon does participate in REFEDS with other federation operators.
Interfederation is being actively explored and as you know there are examples
out there in the UK, Kalmar Union in the Nordic countries, eduGAIN in Europe,
among others. I noticed that the Danish federation is not a member of
eduGAIN, the most likely interfed activity.

I wonder if you can federate with them directly under an informal bi-lateral
agreement with separate metadata for now?

Ann

--
Ann West
Assistant Director,