us-federations - [USFeds] suggestion on inter-federational SSO?

Subject: US Federations Discussion

[USFeds] suggestion on inter-federational SSO?

  • From: "Ma, Ying" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [USFeds] suggestion on inter-federational SSO?
  • Date: Mon, 14 May 2012 20:23:24 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi,

We have a case where a professor at University of Southern Denmark (SDU) would like his students to access a Moodle application provided at UCLA. The Moodle application is an InCommon SP. A little research led me to believe that SDU is a member of Danish e-identity federation WAYF. WAYF is a SAML 2 federation that supports some eduPerson attributes including eduPersonPrincialName. I wonder if anyone out there knows about any possible solution of inter-federational SSO that might allow user from a WAYF IDP to access an InCommon SP. If this scenario is currently not practical, would bi-lateral integration (metadata exchange) with WAFY or SDU IdP be reasonable alternatives? Any other practices that address similar use cases?

Thanks,
Ying Ma
Information Management Services
IT Services, UCLA