per-entity - Re: [Per-Entity] draft slides on WG for TAC webinar

Subject: Per-Entity Metadata Working Group

Re: [Per-Entity] draft slides on WG for TAC webinar

  • From: David Walker <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: [Per-Entity] draft slides on WG for TAC webinar
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 10:07:58 -0700
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:Sa0uVBTI3ixU/5AEBxptnCbihdpsv+yvbD5Q0YIujvd0So/mwa67bRSN2/xhgRfzUJnB7Loc0qyN7PCmBDdLuMvJmUtBWaIPfidNsd8RkQ0kDZzNImzAB9muURYHGt9fXkRu5XCxPBsdMs//Y1rPvi/6tmZKSV3SKwdvGeT0BoOXyu3/l6Xro8WSME10g2/peb5oaRiwsQTNp+EXh4BlL6M2zF3OuHQeKMpMwmY9CVuNnhq02c60/5N5u3BcpPsl9MNaeaT8Y6kiS7FEVnIrP31jt56jjgXKUQbavihUaW4RiBcdRlGdtBw=

I'm fine with removing this from the slides if it may cause some grief.  For ourselves, though, here's item #2 from our charter (emphasis mine):

Develop a roadmap for addressing the immediate needs for reduced aggregate size, as well as intermediate milestones along a trajectory to a sustainable future state, to be determined.  The first items on this roadmap should include building a production service which allows production SAML deployments to exercise their per-entity metadata capabilities, and include checkpoints to improve the service and software when issues are encountered.  If short-term steps such as InCommon producing separate IdP and SP feeds are deemed necessary, these items should be included in this roadmap.  This roadmap should also address the issue of continued creation (or eventual decommissioning) of multi-entity aggregates.

David