metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] How to test the per-entity metadata server from an IDP

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] How to test the per-entity metadata server from an IDP

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] How to test the per-entity metadata server from an IDP
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2016 13:22:41 -0500

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 1:11 PM, Wessel, Keith

> And Tom, given it's a beta, would you call this a good or bad idea

Well, all else equal, I wouldn't do anything until my IdP were
completely migrated to Shib3. At that point, I would reconsider my
options.

> assuming I'm using the production aggregate as a fallback?

I hope you'll let me correct your terminology so there's no confusion.
The fallback aggregate on md.incommon.org is one thing (you can read
about it here: https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/-oGeBQ) but using a
chaining MetadataProvider that falls back on an aggregate if query
fails is another thing altogether. Moreover, the latter is
experimental in the sense we don't anticipate that will be the
ultimate method of per-entity metadata refresh. In fact, this is one
of the things we hope to learn by the end of this pilot.

FYI, here's our working document on MDQ server configuration:
https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/VQApBQ

Tom