metadata-support - [Metadata-Support] How to test the per-entity metadata server from an IDP

Subject: InCommon metadata support

[Metadata-Support] How to test the per-entity metadata server from an IDP

  • From: "Wessel, Keith" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: [Metadata-Support] How to test the per-entity metadata server from an IDP
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 23:05:35 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Hi, Tom and others,

Apologies if this has already been answered. I didn't see any thoughts on it
elsewhere, though.

I finally configured our test IDP to pull InCommon and eduGAIN metadata from
the MDQ server instead of the full aggregate. I'd like to test this out and
leave it in place for a while on our test IDP. Problem is this: obviously,
none of the SPs that the MDQ server knows about will know about our test IDP:
it's not the IDP our campus has published in InCommon. And since there's no
command-line tool in the IDP at this point that one can use to display
metadata on a given entity from the IDP's metadata resolver, there's not much
I can do with my new setup at all. Clearly, I'm not going to point my
production IDP cluster at a service for metadata when that service is
considered beta.

Any thoughts on how an IDP operator can kick the tires on the MDQ server and
be an active participant in the pilot?

Keith