metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] Extending Metadata Query Protocol

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] Extending Metadata Query Protocol

  • From: Jaime Perez Crespo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] Extending Metadata Query Protocol
  • Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 16:57:52 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US, nb-NO

Hi Tom,

> On 18 Mar 2015, at 15:07 pm, Tom Scavo
> <>
> wrote:
>> Without really commenting on the suggestions (I think the bigger value to
>> all of that is for the discovery side of this), say what? You're talking
>> about an extra HTTP GET, once. If that's a big delay, I think you may need
>> a new MDX server...
>
> I believe Jaime (who is on the other side of the ocean) is using *our*
> BETA server here in the US, which probably has something to do with it
> ;-)

Indeed :-)

During my testing I’ve observed delays of up to a second or so. Obviously, I
don’t expect a production system to be prone to such delays, but in any case
what I’m trying here is to minimize the impact of things going terribly wrong
from the user’s perspective. The way this has been contributed to SSP, if the
MDX server takes too much to respond (for whatever reason), the result is the
user experiencing a blank page for a while. Which is not very good user
experience, IMHO. That’s basically one of the things I’m trying to avoid here.

--
Jaime Pérez
UNINETT / Feide

xmpp:

"Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one less traveled by, and
that has made all the difference."
- Robert Frost