metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] Extending Metadata Query Protocol

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] Extending Metadata Query Protocol

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] Extending Metadata Query Protocol
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 14:14:03 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 3/18/15, 10:07 AM, "Tom Scavo"

>I believe Jaime (who is on the other side of the ocean) is using *our*
>BETA server here in the US, which probably has something to do with it
>;-)

Ah, well, yeah, that isn't really the expectation for a real scenario. An MDQ
server for end entities would be expected to be operated by the same people
you're getting a feed from now.

And then there's the fairly sound idea that we might see people actually
building "CDN-like" caching solutions on top of these servers anyway. That's
the big win with signatures over TLS as a security mechanism.

-- Scott