md-distro - Re: [md-distro] use of the preview aggregate

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

Re: [md-distro] use of the preview aggregate

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [md-distro] use of the preview aggregate
  • Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 01:31:48 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 12/16/14, 12:59 AM, "Tom Scavo"

>Let me put a stake in the ground: What if we left the eduGAIN entity
>descriptors in the preview aggregate for, say, 30 days?

I sort of misunderstood, I didn't realize the idea was to use it as a
testing mechanism for the federation itself, vs. the participants. I guess
that's ok, though it's a little off putting to have the data show up and
then disappear.

Maybe we need a "beta" aggregate that's explicitly not expected to be
stable in the sense that things could be added and then removed.

>One requirement that I've heard is that we should put an XML comment
>in the preview aggregate that says something about the intended use of
>the aggregate. How do folks feel about that?

Doesn't hurt.

-- Scott