md-distro - Re: [md-distro] use of the preview aggregate

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

Re: [md-distro] use of the preview aggregate

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [md-distro] use of the preview aggregate
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 22:40:23 +0000

> On 15 Dec 2014, at 22:34, Cantor, Scott
> <>
> wrote:
>
> I could be convinced though, and I'd be interested in knowing if the UK
> fed uses it in that way.

Although the UKf test aggregate is normally used as you describe (essentially
for metadata feature development), we did in fact put the eduGAIN metadata in
our test aggregate some time before making it available in our production
aggregate. Our tooling still has the notion of "pre-production" metadata
exchange agreements which would be handled in this way, although we don't
currently have anything in that category.

-- Ian