md-distro - Re: [md-distro] use of the preview aggregate

Subject: Metadata Distribution Subcommittee of TAC

Re: [md-distro] use of the preview aggregate

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [md-distro] use of the preview aggregate
  • Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 22:34:10 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 12/15/14, 10:23 PM, "Tom Scavo"

>Are these uses of the preview aggregate along the lines of what this
>group had in mind when it recommended multiple metadata aggregates a
>year ago (or whenever it was, I'm afraid I've lost track of the actual
>timeline).

The former certainly, the latter seems a little questionable to me. My
expectation was that we wouldn't be manipulating the "meaning" of the
metadata there, just adding to what we say about the entities or changing
syntax, things are that are more technical in nature and usually not to
change existing software behavior, though I can think of exceptions to "no
changes" (adding algorithm metadata for example).

I could be convinced though, and I'd be interested in knowing if the UK
fed uses it in that way.

-- Scott