interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] Kicking off Phase 2 of Interfed

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] Kicking off Phase 2 of Interfed

  • From: Ann West <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] Kicking off Phase 2 of Interfed
  • Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 15:21:02 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

Warren,

My main point here is to include a reference to the regional R&E network
provider work in the Charter to make it explicit that their use cases will
be considered by the group. Given most are not used to working in the
InC/MW space, making sure we mention them will help encourage their
participation, an important thing if they will be providing a substantial
number of our domestic use cases. These folks vary widely in their
identity expertise and knowledge, so a subcommittee sounds like a good
approach here.

Here's a suggested tweak:

e. Establish practices and policies for domestic interfederation.
Subcommittee: Identify use cases, such as those from the regional R&E
network providers. Pilot projects.

Mark S or Paul, anything to add?

Thanks,
Ann