interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] June 4 agenda / May 28 notes

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] June 4 agenda / May 28 notes

  • From: John Krienke <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] June 4 agenda / May 28 notes
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 13:53:31 -0400

On 5/28/13 3:02 PM, Basney, Jim wrote:
JohnK: Still struggling to see what eduGAIN gets us.

My attempt was not to make a self-centered or cantankerous claim but to see the honest value for our participant institutions. I'd put it this way:

JohnK is still trying to determine what value eduGAIN provides to SPs and IdPs in any given federation, since there are no common trustworthiness claims made about entity metadata.

He appreciates the path we are on.

john.