interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] reminders

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] reminders

  • From: John Krienke <>
  • To: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • Cc: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] reminders
  • Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 13:43:06 -0400

On 5/28/13 8:49 PM, Cantor, Scott wrote:
Something has to address why it's
appropriate to apply IOP to a piece of metadata, just as with any other
approach to defining what would be in metadata.

I'll take that as an action item for us (where us is undefined). Some document has to define some level of practical trust in metadata to really make interfederation trustworthy. eduGain policy is, so far, silent on trustworthiness of metadata. An opportunity in the shape of a problem. We always have good problems.

john.