interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] Additional MDUI interest points/ MDUI in action

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] Additional MDUI interest points/ MDUI in action

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: Interfederation TAC Subgroup <>
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] Additional MDUI interest points/ MDUI in action
  • Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 18:38:51 -0400

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 1:03 PM, John Krienke

> 2. we don't require a technical contact in metadata.

Yes we do (https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/BomKAQ) and in fact, this is
so important we would consider doing the following as well:

- If an entity descriptor does not have at least one technical contact
in metadata, it will not be added to an export aggregate.

- If an inbound entity descriptor does not have at least one technical
contact in metadata, it will be dropped on the floor (to use Ian's
metaphor).

> I'd like to see MUSTS related to security and SHOULDs related to
> interoperability.

Of course you can define things any way you want but in a formal
profile, the meaning of these terms is dictated by RFC 2119 (which is
probably the most often cited RFC of all time).