interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] Additional MDUI interest points/ MDUI in action

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] Additional MDUI interest points/ MDUI in action

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] Additional MDUI interest points/ MDUI in action
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 17:54:55 +0100

On 10 Apr 2013, at 16:19, Scott Koranda

> either by extending the current pilot project we having going that
> involves the UK metadata feed or by LIGO joining CANARIE (I am not
> sure which yet since it would depend on more input from others
> including yourself),

One option which would take advantage of CAF's existing eduGAIN-related
technology would be to get the IdPs you're interested in into their eduGAIN
aggregate and have Steven's aggregator consume that and pass it along to the
LIGO SPs. I'm discussing something along these lines with Leif at the
moment, to try and solve a UK/SE use case with the minimum amount of extra
work.

The right way to handle the reverse path would depend on how non-CAF metadata
is presented to CAF members, which perhaps Chris can fill us in on.
Obviously the UK approach of (eventually) pushing everything into the
production aggregate means least work all round, but there are alternative
routes.

-- Ian