interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 13:54:40 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 4/9/13 1:55 AM, "Scott Koranda"

>By that I mean that I spent 15 minutes picking through the middle of the
>file,
>where my cursor happened to be, looking at perfectly valid <Extension>
>elements
>before scrolling to the top and seeing an empty one immediately...

If you don't get a line number, the parser's not validating, so all you're
getting is line-unaware reporting by code that runs long after the DOM is
built. Not all errors will be caught by the parser, but that one will.

Also, complaints about empty elements can usually be tracked down quickly
by searching for tell-tale patterns:

"<Extensions></Extensions>" or "<Extensions/>"

Goes for any empty element complaint.

-- Scott