interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file
  • Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 21:58:09 -0500

Hi Steven,

I am finally attempting to have my SP load your metadata feed but
there is a problem.

The Shib 2.5.1 SP shows me this:

# /usr/sbin/shibd -t -c /etc/shibboleth/shibboleth2.xml.new
2013-04-08 21:37:24 ERROR OpenSAML.MetadataProvider.XML : metadata
instance failed manual validation checking: Extensions must have at
least one child element.
2013-04-08 21:37:24 WARN OpenSAML.MetadataProvider.XML : adjusted
reload interval to 600 seconds
2013-04-08 21:37:24 WARN OpenSAML.MetadataProvider.XML : trying backup
file, exception loading remote resource: Metadata instance failed
manual validation checking.
2013-04-08 21:37:24 ERROR XMLTooling.ParserPool : fatal error on line
0, column 0, message: unable to open primary document entity
'/var/cache/shibboleth/interfed-test-unsigned-.xml'
2013-04-08 21:37:24 ERROR OpenSAML.MetadataProvider.XML : error while
XML error(s) during parsing, check log for specifics
2013-04-08 21:37:24 CRIT OpenSAML.Metadata.Chaining : failure
initializing MetadataProvider: XML error(s) during parsing, check log
for specifics

Unfortunately I do not immediately see how to turn up the debugging to
tell me where the
bad element is and I do not immediately see the bad element.

I will keep looking.

Thanks,

Scott K

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM, Steven Carmody