interfed - Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file

Subject: Interfederation

Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [inc-interfed] status update, creating combined metadata file
  • Date: Tue, 9 Apr 2013 00:55:16 -0500

On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:13 PM, Scott Koranda
> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:01 PM, Cantor, Scott
> <>
> wrote:
>> On 4/8/13 10:58 PM, "Scott Koranda"
>> <>
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Unfortunately I do not immediately see how to turn up the debugging to
>>>tell me where the
>>>bad element is and I do not immediately see the bad element.
>>
>> Add validate="true" to the metadata provider.
>>
>> -- Scott
>>

> Thanks.
>
> In fact the problem is visible right away if one bothers to look at
> the top of the file.

By that I mean that I spent 15 minutes picking through the middle of the file,
where my cursor happened to be, looking at perfectly valid <Extension>
elements
before scrolling to the top and seeing an empty one immediately...

At any rate, my SP is now federated with all of InCommon, has a proper
error handling service for IdPs that do not assert ePPN, and
auto-provisions as necessary when a new ePPN is used and is authorized
(the default authorization is still no access for non-LIGO identities.
We override the default on case by case basis).

All I need to do now is add the new feed when it no longer has the
schema problems.

Thanks,

Scott K