technical-discuss - Re: [InC-Technical] InCommon Baseline Expectations Metadata Requirements

Subject: InCommon Technical Discussions

Re: [InC-Technical] InCommon Baseline Expectations Metadata Requirements

  • From: Tom Barton <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [InC-Technical] InCommon Baseline Expectations Metadata Requirements
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2017 13:36:31 -0600
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23: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

I think everyone, including every AAC member, agrees that errorURL belongs among the Baseline required metadata elements. It was my failure to recognize early in the Baseline Expectations development process that different perspectives were being applied to the term "MDUI information", and that the associated SAML specification that emerged as the "right" perspective does not mention errorURL. AAC has already considered whether to declare it as included within Baseline Expectations v1 and decided that it must be explicitly incorporated into v2. Hence recommended for now, but will be required in v2. I'm really sorry that my oversight led us to this situation!

Speculating a bit about timing, the AAC has a very full plate of Baseline process implementation tasks that will likely take them through ~May 2018 (cf. https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/BE/Baseline+Processes+Roadmap), and they can't realistically take up v2 matters until sometime afterward.

Tom