per-entity - Re: [Per-Entity] Latency figures for CDNs

Subject: Per-Entity Metadata Working Group

Re: [Per-Entity] Latency figures for CDNs

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: Per-Entity Metadata Working Group <>
  • Subject: Re: [Per-Entity] Latency figures for CDNs
  • Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2016 10:12:59 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:MxhG/B9f6/wdlP9uRHKM819IXTAuvvDOBiVQ1KB90escTK2v8tzYMVDF4r011RmSAtWdtqkP0reempujcFJDyK7JiGoFfp1IWk1NouQttCtkPvS4D1bmJuXhdS0wEZcKflZk+3amLRodQ56mNBX660e/5j8KGxj5KRE9ZqGsQtaT3IyL0LWK9oeWTgNUhSasKZZ/MBy6pBnY/vYRm4hjLKl55QHOv2MAL/xb3yZlI06SgwfU58G7+5tm9CIWvOguoZ1uS6L/Kpg/SPRjBz04NChh+NfwvhDdSiOO4GcRSGMbjkAODgTYukKpFqztuzf347IukBKROtf7GPVtAWyv

On Fri, Aug 26, 2016 at 10:09 AM, Nick Roy
> Thanks - does anyone think trying to distribute large aggregates with this
> service (alongside per-entity metadata) might be a problem?

First, a bit of history: In the beginning, all InCommon services were
served from virtual host wayf.incommonfederation.org. Remnants of that
still remain:

$
MD_LOCATION=http://wayf.incommonfederation.org/InCommon/InCommon-metadata.xml
$ curl --silent --head $MD_LOCATION