per-entity - [Per-Entity] comments on the new diagram

Subject: Per-Entity Metadata Working Group

[Per-Entity] comments on the new diagram

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: Per-Entity Metadata Working Group <>
  • Subject: [Per-Entity] comments on the new diagram
  • Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2016 17:55:40 -0400
  • Ironport-phdr: 9a23:RZSDphANTfWRo5KMEkdIUyQJP3N1i/DPJgcQr6AfoPdwSP75psbcNUDSrc9gkEXOFd2Crakb26yL6Ou5BCQp2tWojjMrSNR0TRgLiMEbzUQLIfWuLgnFFsPsdDEwB89YVVVorDmROElRH9viNRWJ+iXhpRZbIBj0NBJ0K+LpAcaSyp3vj6Hhs6HUNj1Fnn+QZ69zMAT+iAjNv8UfnYIqFaEryRrPrTNnYeNL3Ss8PV+J2hv6+sas7bZi9S9Xvvcm8YhHS6qsLIoiSrkNMDMje1s+7dPs/U3fVxCE72UbemQQjhdSBQXZtlf3Uoqn4XiyjfZ0xCTPZZ6+drszQzn3qv4zEBI=

I see that a new diagram has appeared in the final report:
https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/u4EQBg

Some comments:

1) The green boxes are MDQ client instances
2) Since MDQ clients talk to MDQ servers, the boxes labeled "HTTP
Server" are really MDQ server instances.
3) From a client PoV, there is just one MDQ server. Yes, we've talked
about redundant servers configured as chaining metadata providers but
I don't think we should try to depict that in this diagram.

That means there's an extra layer of infrastructure in the diagram.
The per-entity metadata that we push to the MDQ servers will already
be signed.