per-entity - [Per-Entity] avoiding dynamic metadata queries

Subject: Per-Entity Metadata Working Group

[Per-Entity] avoiding dynamic metadata queries

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To:
  • Subject: [Per-Entity] avoiding dynamic metadata queries
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 11:22:39 -0400

This message intentionally has the same subject line as a previous
thread of discussion that took place in the Metadata Distribution
Working Group three years ago:

https://lists.incommon.org/sympa/arc/md-distro/2013-08/msg00012.html

tl:dr The Metadata Query Protocol is a scheme for addressing metadata
resources, it is not a metadata query language per se.

As Paul and others suggested on today's call, can we agree that almost
everything of interest can be known in advance and can therefore be
pre-computed? If we focus on per-entity metadata only, this is
certainly true.