per-entity - Re: [Per-Entity] avoiding dynamic metadata queries

Subject: Per-Entity Metadata Working Group

Re: [Per-Entity] avoiding dynamic metadata queries

  • From: Scott Koranda <>
  • To: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • Cc: Tom Scavo <>, "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Per-Entity] avoiding dynamic metadata queries
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 10:26:56 -0500

On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 10:24 AM, Cantor, Scott <> wrote:
On 7/27/16, 11:22 AM, " on behalf of Tom Scavo" < on behalf of > wrote:

> As Paul and others suggested on today's call, can we agree that almost
> everything of interest can be known in advance and can therefore be
> pre-computed? If we focus on per-entity metadata only, this is
> certainly true.

Yes, and within the scope of what the federation *needs* (as opposed to what various people may want or like or be interested in exploring), I believe that's the sole use case we ought to address.

-- Scott

Agreed. I didn't hear anyone on the call trying to assert (no pun intended) otherwise.

I think we are all in agreement.

Scott K