Subject: InCommon metadata support
- From: Jonathan M Lanyon <>
- To: "" <>
- Subject: RE: [Metadata-Support] Metadata not refreshing
- Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 17:47:36 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Ironport-phdr: 9a23:alixeB/kanSUFf9uRHKM819IXTAuvvDOBiVQ1KB90uwcTK2v8tzYMVDF4r011RmSAtWdtqkP0reempujcFJDyK7JiGoFfp1IWk1NouQttCtkPvS4D1bmJuXhdS0wEZcKflZk+3amLRodQ56mNBWB6kG1uHQXFwn2OQNpL6HuB5bKiN6r/+G08JrWZgJOwj2nbvk6eBC7sQzdv9UfxJB/Mr420Afho31DfOFTwmUuIkicyUXS/MC1qbxk9S1Mu/snv+sIdaz8bqM+Beh6CzIvL2A84ovPvB/SSg2n/nwZVWMf1BdEHl6Wv1nBQp7tv36i5aJG0y6AMJiuQA==
I turned on the metadata logging per your instructions. The metadata now
appears to be refreshing - restarting Tomcat seems to have fixed the issue
(at least temporarily). Thanks for your help!
On Behalf Of Tom Scavo
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2016 5:10 AM
Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] Metadata not refreshing
On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 7:43 PM,
> We are still in the process of upgrading to Shibboleth IdP version 3.0.
> On our current production environment (IdP v2), we are no longer
> getting our metadata refreshed.
What is the error message in the logs?
> However, we are getting the metadata refreshes on our new IdP v3
> Has there been any change that would result in IdP v2 installations to
> not receive metadata refreshes?
Do you mean a change to InCommon metadata? Well, the metadata aggregate
continues to grow (it is now more than 38MB) but other than that, there have
been no changes that would affect your V2 deployment.
> Is there anything that I can check/modify on my end to ensure that I
> receive metadata refreshes. As of now, we are unable to access all
> SPs configured through InCommon.
Yes, see this wiki page for advice how to Protect Against Failed Metadata
Hope this helps,
- [Metadata-Support] Metadata not refreshing, jonathan.lanyon, 10/04/2016
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.19.