metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] eduGAIN metatdata validator

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] eduGAIN metatdata validator

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] eduGAIN metatdata validator
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 16:53:32 -0500

Hi Jeff,

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 4:25 PM, Jeffrey Ramsay

> We're up and running on Shibboleth V3 and have had our JVM heap set well
> above 1024 so, I think we're all set there.

Are you running the absolute latest version of V3? (The reason I ask
is that an important logging bug was fixed in V3.2.0.)

> The only uncertainty at the moment is what we need to do to be prepared for
> the new aggregate.

Given what you said above, I think you will be able to consume the new
aggregate just fine. Do you have a test IdP? If so, you should point
it at the preview aggregate starting on Friday.

> Our production system is discoverable, don't have unneeded certificates in
> our IdP metadata, contact information is up to date, a reasonable default
> attribute release policy and we refresh InCommon metadata daily.

That's great!

> I'm not sure what / if anything else we need to do. I've been browsing the
> site for weeks and have come across information regarding Refresh and
> signing policies which differ from our current configuration.

Can you be more specific? What "refresh and signing policies" are you
referring to?

> Should we update our system or not -- this is the source of the confusion;
> for me, it has not been a specific article -- I'm not sure where I should
> stop reading. I just don't want our University to be affected because I was
> unprepared.

Well, from what you've told me so far, you should be good to go.

> Lastly, concerning the Roadmap for eduGain - Phase two: will this be ready
> Wed or Friday which is January 15th.

We will import eduGAIN metadata into the preview aggregate on Friday,
January 15.

Hope this helps,

Tom