metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] eduGAIN metatdata validator

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] eduGAIN metatdata validator

  • From: Ian Young <>
  • To:
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] eduGAIN metatdata validator
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 19:09:36 +0000

> On 12 Jan 2016, at 18:49,
>
> wrote:
>
> All -
>
> I have attempted to update our IdP metadata extensions as shown below to
> include the InCommon tags but cannot get past the "RegistrationInfo not
> found"
> when testing with the eduGAIN metadata validator.
>
> Should I be concerned that this is failing or not? I appreciate any
> assistance
> you are able to provide.

The eduGAIN validator is for use by federation operators exporting metadata
to eduGAIN in bulk, it's not really intended to validate one site's metadata.

When InCommon exports metadata to eduGAIN, the appropriate RegistrationInfo
material will be added automatically, it isn't something you need to add to
your own metadata.

-- Ian