metadata-support - RE: [Metadata-Support] eduGAIN metatdata validator

Subject: InCommon metadata support

RE: [Metadata-Support] eduGAIN metatdata validator

  • From: "Jeffrey Ramsay" <>
  • To: <>
  • Subject: RE: [Metadata-Support] eduGAIN metatdata validator
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 16:25:19 -0500

Hello:

We're up and running on Shibboleth V3 and have had our JVM heap set well
above 1024 so, I think we're all set there. The only uncertainty at the
moment is what we need to do to be prepared for the new aggregate. Our
production system is discoverable, don't have unneeded certificates in our
IdP metadata, contact information is up to date, a reasonable default
attribute release policy and we refresh InCommon metadata daily.

I'm not sure what / if anything else we need to do. I've been browsing the
site for weeks and have come across information regarding Refresh and signing
policies which differ from our current configuration. Should we update our
system or not -- this is the source of the confusion; for me, it has not been
a specific article -- I'm not sure where I should stop reading. I just don't
want our University to be affected because I was unprepared.

Lastly, concerning the Roadmap for eduGain - Phase two: will this be ready
Wed or Friday which is January 15th.

-Jeff