metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] eduGAIN metatdata validator

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] eduGAIN metatdata validator

  • From: Tom Scavo <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] eduGAIN metatdata validator
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 15:09:33 -0500

On Tue, Jan 12, 2016 at 2:50 PM, Jeffrey Ramsay

> This is very similar to what I had been following:
>
> https://spaces.internet2.edu/display/InCFederation/Registered+By+InCommon+Category

Yes. In fact, the two pages are linked.

> If clients like us do not need to worry about these attributes as they may
> only pertain to InCommon own IdP's, then why are we being asked to review
> information such as this and the validator.

Can you tell me how you arrived at this conclusion? If there's
documentation that suggests this, I probably need to fix it.

> Seems like busy work -- I'm trying to make sure we're compliant but the
> information provided is not very straight-forward.

I'm not sure what page (or pages) you're looking at (besides the one
referenced above) but there are two particular pages of interest:

1) Upgrading to Shib IdP V3: https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/GYtHBQ
2) Getting Ready for eduGAIN: https://spaces.internet2.edu/x/VASDBQ

If you have questions, let me know.