metadata-support - Re: [Metadata-Support] SP configuration for new InCommon Aggregate

Subject: InCommon metadata support

Re: [Metadata-Support] SP configuration for new InCommon Aggregate

  • From: "Cantor, Scott" <>
  • To: "" <>
  • Subject: Re: [Metadata-Support] SP configuration for new InCommon Aggregate
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2014 01:39:47 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

On 3/27/14, 9:32 PM, "Kathy E. Wright"

>Will do. I have also verified that the the new cert works correctly with
>the legacy metadata from
>http://wayf.incommonfederation.org/InCommon/InCommon-metadata.xml.

I guess that means there has to be something wrong with SHA-256 support.

When you have a chance, for the 2.5 SP see what the generated metadata at
/Shibboleth.sso/Metadata looks like. It should have extension elements
named DigestMethod that mention sha256.

In the meantime until it's debugged, you should point them at the fallback
aggregate, which I believe will be SHA-1 until later this year.

You can follow up on the shibboleth users list, this is really a software
support issue.

And I would get the SP upgraded to the latest packages and retest.

-- Scott